Are you looking for a hack that will supercharge your weight loss? Intermittent fasting is diet trend, growing in popularity, that can help you lose weight and keep it off. Despite the more recent notoriety, fasting has been around for thousands of years. When done properly, it is a safe weight loss strategy.
The method is simple. During intermittent fasting, a person will abstain from eating for a set period during the day. Typically, this is 16-20 hours of fasting followed by 4-6 hours during which you can eat. However, during the fasting period, you can eat and drink foods that are low or no calorie. This can include black coffee, unsweetened tea, water, and some vegetables. Nonetheless, the longer your fasting period, the better the results.
For most, following the diet plan is not difficult. all you must do is define which hours you will fast, and what times you will eat. There is no carbohydrate monitoring or calorie counting. All you have to do is perform your regular daily activities until it is time to eat. How is this sounding so far?
We recommend starting your fast at 8 pm. The reason for this start time is most weight loss experts agree, it is best not to eat in the evening after 8 pm or within 4 hours of bedtime. Adjust your start time accordingly. Regardless, you will spend much of your fast at night anyway. Once 4 pm rolls around the next day, you can have a meal, and maybe some snacks. When the clock reaches 8 pm again, restart the fast.
Intermittent Fasting Tips
1. Drink plenty of water. This will help you feel full. However, if you add some lemon, it can help with food cravings.
2. Have some caffeine in the morning. Caffeinated coffee or tea can help control your appetite, and will give you a boost of energy.
3. Avoid any drinks with artificial flavoring. Also, avoid diet drinks with artificial sweeteners. These things can sabotage your weight loss.
4. Limit the consumption are highly processed foods. Focus on meats, poultry, fish, nuts, fruits, and vegetables.
5. Don’t overeat when your fast ends. You should eat a typical meal for you. Overeating will undermine your progress and also make you feel sick.
What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about intermittent fasting for weight loss, or need more information, please contact Teri on Twitter using @TeriSelstrom.